Happy New Year!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Happy New Year!!! I cannot believe it is 2013. It has been one of the busiest years of my life. Let's recap shall we?

1. I got my own apartment (okay with my boyfriend), but still MY OWN APARTMENT!!!
2. I got my first classroom {I guess this should be one}
3. I got a beautiful puppy and her name is Penelope. That's her in case you haven't seen her. She absolutely HATES when I glitter. If It is an arts & crafts day, I better remain on the table and not on the floor. {funny story...} the first day I tried to glitter with her, she walked up, hit the plate, glitter went everywhere, she had it ALL OVER, and then in walks Wesley. Good thing...he didn't care...bad thing...we had it all over her for about a week... oops!
4. I found Whole Brain Teaching, and started my first masters course.

Like I said...it's been a busy year.



Today is kind of going over what I wrote about last time. In case you need it click {here...}

Due to the fact that our school does FCAT Writes (we live in Florida), We have to track every single prompt and score it according to a calibration set found on FLDOE.org. It is very hard and time consuming, but our students will become better writes because of it. The district gave us conference notes to use so we can keep track of the writing. I, however, found it kind of hard to work with. It did not have a place for me to keep track of the prompt, or the score. How could I possibly know which prompt I was grading and the score? So, of course, I modified it to my own liking. {don't I always?} So my newest document is conference notes. I still use the FOSC Writing Conference Form so don't fret, however, I needed to make sure I had something concise. This form  has the students name, and then a blank. (look below). The blank after the name is to show me the score that the students got. Then I wrote the date and the prompt, so I know what I am referring to. Then I make sure I have my compliment and what I need to teach.

If you want this document, then {hopefully} you can click here and it will lead you to a website where you can download this. Your copy will be blank, but you will be able to edit it to your liking. I did insert this in the progress monitoring binder and when I need it...it is there! I hope this helps you keep track of the writing that your students do.

Happy Shopping and Happy Pinning!

No comments