Font Books

Thursday, July 2, 2015
Hello everyone!
Happy July! I love July 4th. It is one of my favorite holidays because it's a celebration of our country becoming independent. There will be a sale from July 3rd - July 5th on my TpT store in celebration of July 4th. Also in other news...this is my due month! We are officially in the month that the baby is due. I can't believe it either. 

As bloggers, we are CONSTANTLY using different types of fonts. We know how to space things and then change the size and use all of our favorite fonts. One of my problems [that I assume you may have as well] is that I have SO many fonts that I can't keep track of them all. I always want to use different fonts but sometimes I forget what the fonts look like...so I tend to stay with just my favorite fonts. I know!! It's a shame! It really upset me and I needed a way to have all my fonts in one spot. This is how the Font Book was born.

This is the cover of the font book. What did I do? I created a document (see below) and I wrote the title of the font and then I changed the font on that line to match the font that I labeled it. I only chose the fonts that I really loved. I use a lot of Kimberly Geswin fonts, Cara Carroll fonts, KB Fonts, and KA Fonts. 
After I type up the fonts and print it out...I laminate it. I like LOVE to laminate things and this is noon exception. I then laminate the pages and cut them perfectly. I can then put them on a ring or keep them together. In the end, they look like the picture below. I have all the fonts in one place and now I can use this to find all the fonts that I want to use. [Don't mind the little puppy paw in the picture.]

Hopefully, this helps you while you work on any project that involves fonts. It is a great tool for me and I hope it is for you as well!


No comments